Wednesday, August 23, 2006

On the various religious jerks out there.

I'm going to go straight to the point here: I hate preachers.
This does not mean the clergy member whose job it is, because that's only to people who already believe whatever he's saying. No, I have a problem with people who preach to people who aren't already a member of their religion.
That includes atheists, because you don't have any more proof then they do, really. Infact, you have nothing, while they have a book of dubious authorage that they claim proves their god. It's not much, true, but it's still something.
Back to the main topic, what reason could there possibly be for someone to preach to people who not only won't listen to him, they will actually resent him the more he preaches? You can't make them think the way you do, so why even try?
As a matter of fact, why even try in the first place? I refer you to the link I just added on the side, which should show you that the bible(/koran/book of morman) is a very bad book to give advice of any kind from. No idea why you'd want people to think that 14,700 people killed "for complaining" is a good idea.
I'll even go out and say that I respect very religious people's right to free speech the way I respect the Nazis right to free speech, assuming that they use their religion as an excuse to behave like the Nazis.
Which they almost always do, keep in mind that this is Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson and their cronies I'm talking about here.
And don't even get me started about Fred Phelps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home